—3.5 oz. Pederzana Lambrusco Il Grasparossa
—2 oz. fresh squeezed Satsuma tangerines
—.75 oz. Del Maguey San Luis del Rio
—splash of lime
—splash of agave nectar
—sprig of mint to garnish
1. Prepare a Collins glass by coating the outer rim with flake salt and filling the glass with ice.
2. In a cocktail shaker or mixing glass, combine lime, tangerine, simple syrup, Mezcal and thyme (remove the leaves from one sprig of thyme).
3. Add ice and shake well.
4. Strain contents of shaker into the prepared glass.
5. Over the back of a spoon, gently pour 3.5 ounces of the Lambrusco into the glass. This will create a beautifully layered coloring.
6. Gently garnish with a long straw and a sprig of mint.
*For a pitcher of Shades of Life, multiply the recipe by seven.
Recipe courtesy of Caracol, a Houston restaurant that serves coastal Mexican food and offers several private dining areas.