These interviews are part of a series that highlights new hires within the industry. Have you recently started a new role or do you know someone who has? Submit your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nancy Elder was recently hired as the events manager for the Lake Geneva Chamber of Commerce and CVB.
1. What are you most looking forward to in your new role as events manager for the Lake Geneva Chamber of Commerce and CVB? I look forward to developing relationships and collaborating with the various businesses and properties for existing and new events that continue to make Lake Geneva a premier tourism destination in the U.S.
2. How do you think your past industry experience has prepared you for this role? I have been a small business owner and have both for-profit and non-profit experience. My passion for event planning and management has always been a part of my work experience in sales, marketing and PR.
3. What goals do you have in mind for the CVB for this year and farther down the line? Identifying and implementing events, programs and initiatives that create unique visitor and resident experiences that provide our local businesses opportunities for growth.
4. How did you get into the industry? I have a passion for event planning as it brings people together to create amazing experiences and memorable moments that last a lifetime.
5. What do you enjoy most about the organization? Lake Geneva is the most beautiful and dynamic setting offering the perfect platform to host a variety of events.
6. Any additional comments? I’m truly honored to be the events manager for the Lake Geneva Chamber and Convention & Visitors Bureau. I look forward to continuing the focus of making Lake Geneva a year-round destination and collaborating with our local businesses on efforts such as Discover Wisconsin’s premiere of Lake Geneva in the fall and winter.